- “My EAL qualification has given me a brilliant grounding for my career. It’s boosted my confidence and helped me approach the day to day challenges in my job head-on. You won’t get many opportunities as varied and as exciting as this.”
Dominic Hurrell, Assistant Production Engineer, BAE Systems and winner of the BAE Apprentice of the Year Award 2010
- “My qualification means a lot to me – it’s boosted my confidence and given me a trade to learn. I’m always picking up new skills that will keep me moving forward in my career.”
Marc Deamer, apprentice, Lambert Engineering
- "My EAL qualification has helped me to go out into industry and work alongside people who are a lot more experienced than me. It's given me the perfect start and will help me to continue moving up the careers ladder as far as I can go."
Kayley Lockhead, project engineer, NG Bailey
- “EAL has considerable influence with employers, who input directly into what goes into qualifications.”
Alan Ward, Centre Co-ordinator, Cambridge Regional College
We’re committed to encouraging employers to take on apprentices and supporting Centres by minimising the operational burden. That's why our new, ‘slim lined’ range of Specialist Industry Apprenticeship packages is now even more flexible.
Offering greater freedom for Centres delivering industry Apprenticeships, our new packages no longer require providers to register learners for EAL’s Functional Skills in order to take advantage of our package discount and benefits. Instead, we are focusing on providing the specialist industry Apprenticeship elements valued by employers.
EAL’s new ‘no Functional Skills’ Specialist Industry Apprenticeship packages range is growing rapidly and is currently available for a number of frameworks in the following sectors:
- engineering and manufacturing
- logistics and operations
Choosing EAL to award your specialist industry Apprenticeship elements not only reduces administration and operational costs, but also provides a guarantee of quality and the assurance that learners will achieve the standards to work successfully in industry.
Our flexible Apprenticeship packages can offer:
- greater value for money, with a ten percent saving on registration fees when compared to the cost of registering learners for individual qualifications*
- free registration for our unique qualifications in Employment Right and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) for engineering and manufacturing apprentices
- a single point of contact and dedicated support from expert External Verifiers – ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach across all qualifications
- enhanced resources and support materials to reduce preparation time, making it easy to produce lesson plans and carry out assessments
Plus they also provide:
- reduced administration through a single registration process for all framework components – and for engineering and manufacturing frameworks, we will also pass all Apprenticeship certification evidence to Semta, the sector skills council, on your behalf
- flexibility to transfer learner registrations at no extra cost – this applies to individual pathways within any competence qualification and, for engineering and manufacturing apprentices taking NVQ Extended Diplomas, we will also allow Centres to transfer to a different NVQ Extended Diploma – and corresponding Technical Certificate – free of charge if the need arises for the apprentice or their employer.**
Through our long-term partnership with industry and focus on our core sectors, we have built unrivalled knowledge and understanding of the workplace and employer skills needs. This results in qualifications that carry weight and respect with employers and deliver real career benefits for learners.
How to apply
Available across a range of engineering, manufacturing, operations and logistics frameworks these new packages are easy to register learners for. Simply login to Online Services, click on the ‘packages’ tab and select the Apprenticeship frameworks which include ‘no F/Skills’ in the description. ***
To find out more or to register your learners, please contact our customer services team on +44 (0)1923 652400 or email
For those wishing to apply for Apprenticeship certificates, please login to the Apprenticeship Certificates England online system.
* applied when an apprentice is registered for one of EAL's Specialist Industry Apprenticeship packages
** with engineering and manufacturing apprentices at level 3 and 4 required to complete level 2 Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) units within an NVQ Extended Diploma, we are committed to offering this flexibility in recognition that employer needs or an apprentice’s employment circumstances may change during their programme.
Please note that transferring a learner’s registration from one qualification to another during their Apprenticeship may impact on funding. Be sure to speak to your local funding agency or visit our website for more information, and ensure wherever possible that apprentices are registered on an appropriate qualification from the start. For more guidance please visit: www.eal.org.uk/apprenticeships.
*** offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special discounts or pricing agreements you may already receive through EAL.