Industry Apprentice Council (IAC)
IAC 2018 Annual Survey
The IAC Annual Survey gives apprentices the opportunity to share views on their own apprenticeship and inform the direction of future skills policy. A range of areas are covered including; the wider and changing perceptions of apprenticeships, satisfaction with apprentices' own career choices, and the quality of careers advice and guidance given to potential apprentices.
Reasons you should download the report
The results of the fifth annual IAC survey were published on 18 December 2018.
With a foreword from Gordon Marsden MP, Shadow Skills and FE Minister, the survey was responded to by more people than any previous year, giving an even clearer understanding of how and why people engage with apprenticeships. Insight from how people choose an apprenticeship, to how parents view apprenticeships, we provide key findings including:
- 91% of respondents said they were pleased in their choice to take up an apprenticeship
- 96% of industry apprentices are studying towards a registered qualification
- 85% of apprentices say their training is of a good or very good quality
- 91% of parents supported or strongly supported their child's choice to apply for an apprenticeship
Click here to download the report.
About the IAC
The Industry Apprentice Council (IAC) has established itself as the UK's industry voice for apprentices.
Founded and supported as part of the Semta Group, the IAC is predominantly made up of young apprentices from the advanced manufacturing and engineering sector throughout the UK.
It is recognised by government as an important part of the apprenticeship debate, with members regularly invited to address MPs, peers and leaders in both industry and education.
All members of the IAC are passionate and have their own stories as to why they followed the apprenticeship path. They regularly share them at careers fairs, in schools and through the media to inspire the next generation to consider apprenticeships as a career option.
Join the IAC
The IAC is currently looking for new members and we would encourage those who are passionate about apprenticeships to put themselves forward.
If you would like to find out more or are interested in joining the IAC, please click here to contact us.
To find out more about some of our current members click here.
Why Join the IAC?
The IAC has the backing of some of the UK's most high profile employers and consists of apprentices working across the advanced manufacturing and engineering sector.
If you are an apprentice working in the advanced maufacturing and engineering sector and are passionate about apprenticeships, the IAC would like you to get in touch.
There are so many reasons why being a part of the IAC is a great opportunity for apprentices:
- They have the opportunity to meet like minded apprentices from companies of all sizes and share best practice
- Members have the chance to discuss their views on apprenticeships on a national platform through the media and key events
- Career and professional development - the IAC supports the professional development of apprentices, they can develop their communication and analytical skills in a supported environment
- The views of IAC members are sought after by employers, MPs and the government; our members are often invited to speak in parliament sharing their experiences
- Inspire the next generation - our members are passionate about apprenticeships and the IAC gives members the chance to showcase apprenticeships in the advanced manufacturing and engineering sector to inspire the career aspirations of young people
To find out how you can get involved please contact email@example.com.