- “EAL is the premier awarding organisation for qualifications in industry. Its strong reputation is coupled with outstanding support and a positive attitude to making things happen”
Howard Boswell, Vice Principal – Strategic Partnerships, Burton and South Derbyshire College
- “EAL has considerable influence with employers, who input directly into what goes into qualifications.”
Alan Ward, Centre Co-ordinator, Cambridge Regional College
- “The support and guidance from our EV has been outstanding and we have an excellent working partnership with EAL.”
Steve McAloone, Curriculum Manager, Furness College
- “I would recommend EAL because their awards are recognised by employers and industry.”
Glyn Moorshead, Co-ordinator, Heathrow Airport Ltd
- “We have a very close working relationship with our External Verifier. The level of support they provide is excellent – they are always available to offer advice, and their knowledge of the industry helps to tailor programmes to suit our working environment.”
Alan Evans, Centre Co-ordinator, Babcock Training Centre
Our Smarter Touch is a new approach to help recognised Centres to successfully deliver EAL qualifications. The new range of processes and secure, user-friendly web portal reduce the operational burden and provide greater flexibility for Centres, while ensuring standards are maintained.
If you deliver EAL qualifications, you will benefit from even faster response times and greater transparency of information, to complement the dedicated support provided by our External Verifiers (EVs). Unique among awarding organisations, these arrangements carry no extra cost for Centres, and support regulatory changes being introduced by Ofqual to ensure monitoring is robust yet streamlined.
The Smarter Touch approach features:
- fast track qualification approval … when seeking to add a qualification to your Centre remit, we can now process your application in one day
- engagement visits focused on your needs … your EV will continue to visit and help to build on your existing quality assurance methods without imposing new burdens. Our approach is flexible, so your EV can also help to map your internal delivery requirements to EAL qualifications
- transparent risk management … the Smarter Touch system allows you to view a transparent risk profile of your Centre, helping us work together to prevent issues before they arise
- faster responses to enquiries … appeals and requests for reasonable adjustments and special considerations can all be processed online, resulting in even quicker turnaround times
- new ways to manage your information … reviewing and managing your Centre profile has never been easier, with new facilities allowing you to record internal quality assurance arrangements and submit information to your EV electronically.